A concrete paver is very important construction equipment used in the construction of roads, highways, bridge decks, industrial flooring, cargo handling and dock areas etc. At busy intersections, heavy traffic can cause damage and can cause pavements to deteriorate before time. The concrete pavers are used wherever concrete paving is required for speed and efficiency. Concrete pavements can withstand the loading and turning movements of heavy vehicles. As a result, most of the construction companies have started using concrete pavers while building concrete pavements to give long service life to the areas like busy roads and highways. Paving is not just about laying bricks and pouring concrete on it. Paving needs lot of precision in order to construct the roads which are long lasting and heavy vehicles and harsh weather is not able to harm them. You can save yourself from lot of trouble in future if a reliable concrete paver has been used while concrete paving in your construction project. Concrete pavement has become the most popular way of constructing roads and pathways nowadays because it can sustain any bad weather and temperature changes, and also can provide smooth and finished surfaces for many years.
Fixed Form Concrete Pavers
There are two types of concrete pavers, fixed form concrete pavers and slip form concrete pavers. Here, we are going to explain about the fixed form concrete pavers in detail as the fixed form paving system is the most preferred type of paving system nowadays. In fixed form paving, the metal and wooden forms are used. The metal and wooden forms are set and aligned on a solid foundation and staked rigidly. After the forms are set, they are cleaned and oiled so that they get released from the concrete after the concrete hardens. Then the concrete is deposited and after that it is spread by a fixed form concrete paver. The fixed form concrete paver shape, consolidate and float finish the concrete. After the concrete has been hardened, the metal and wooden forms are removed. There are different types for fixed form concrete paving machines available but the least complex are vibratory screeds and revolving tubes. These hand-operated machines finish the surface of the pavement between fixed forms.
What Features to Look for in a Fixed Form Concrete Paver?
Below mentioned features, you should always look for in a fixed form concrete paver:-
- The fixed form concrete paver should be able to provide finishing width up to 14.5 meter and minimum 450 sq. Mtr./hour length.
- It should include hydraulic drive which enables dependable operations.
- A control unit in a fixed form concrete paver should include all hydraulics and mechanical drives.
- The steering of fixed form concrete paver should be controlled by levers governing two sets of drive tubes.
- The fixed form concrete paver should be including four mechanical swivel type jacks with tires for height adjustment fitted at each end of structure as it also helps to position the paver on the forms as well travel in or out of the panel area.
- Self mounted powerful halogen lamps recharged through battery should be included in the fixed form concrete paver.
- There should be multiple pass capability in a fixed form paver which can facilitate in levelling high spots and filling surface voids.
You can select the fixed form paver depending on the construction project you are handling.