There is a boom in the construction industry in most developing countries around the world. Concrete construction equipment is extremely important for the construction of innovative structures. Such equipment reduces cost of labor and saves time as well. In fact, the requirements for faster and more effective machines has influenced the development and improvement of several construction equipment.
Concrete construction equipment is vital for good quality work in construction companies. Good quality concrete construction equipment helps save time and money on the construction work. It can therefore reduce labor costs and increase profits by giving good quality construction services to its clients in a faster way. Due to several technological advancements, a number of concrete constructions equipment’s have come up for the use of construction companies for improved construction processes.
Thus, there are now many different concrete construction machines including a concrete mixer, transit mixers, Compact Concrete Batching Plant, Shotcrete Machine. A transit mixer is a portable concrete mixing machinery.
What is a Transit Mixer?
A Transit mixer is mainly a means to transport concrete from the concrete batching site to the construction site. It is specially designed to carry both concrete and water. The special design also includes transit drum with a spiral blade. Since this can move in multiple directions to ensure concrete material does not clot it is highly beneficial. This is low maintenance and highly efficient construction equipment.
There are two types of transit mixers, a truck mounted in-transit mixer and a trailer concrete mixer. A Truck mounted in-transit mixer is a specially equipped concrete transport truck. The trailer concrete mixer is essential a portable concrete mixer which is mounted truck for transportation.
Benefits of a Transit Mixer
- Transit mixers can mix concrete and also transport it to a construction site.
- Concrete mix transported in a truck will not clot
- Active mixing feature of this truck eliminates cement balling.
- It is a cost and time-saving construction machine.
- Reduces fuel consumption involved in this process
- Reduces wastage of a driver’s time (waiting time).
Facts and Statistics
- Global ready-mix concrete market size in 2015 was valued at USD 492.2 billion and is predicted to rise at a steady rate during the period between 2019 – 2024.
- Asia Pacific Market of Truck mounted concrete mixer includes countries like China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand.
- As per the predictions of market research analysts, Technavio the global cement mixer market will grow steadily at a CAGR of 11% by 2020.
- As per the 2016 U.S. Census Bureau data, total construction spending increased to 6.5% from 2015.
- As per Beroeinc Market Intelligence, the Transparency Market Research There was an increase in spending in the construction industry in 2018 by approximately 4.8% or US$ 773.1 Billion.
- There is also predicted to be a 12.4% growth in the year 2021.
- Concrete mixer market value in 2017 was 4000 Million USD and there is a prediction for it to reach 7020 Million USD by the year 2025.
- As per Global construction market growth will increase by 3 to 4 percent by the year 2022.
- The African construction market value in 2018 was $210 Billion and prediction for the year 2021 is at $260-$300 billion.
- India and China are expected to contribute $55 trillion by 2030 to the construction industry.
Thus, with a lot of new development projects in many countries around the world, especially the developing countries the demand for transit mixers and other construction equipment rise. Several surveys and market analysis also show the same market overview.