Since the invention of the concrete and stone building major developments and innovations have taken place and among them is the preparation of ready mix concrete while building.
The Construction Process
The building process involves site preparation such as making of the trenches for laying the foundation, foundation making, slab preparation, making the walls and if it is a storey building, the floors are made. Preparation of concrete requires mixing of the sand, concrete, water and cement in certain ratios before pouring the mixture on the mould and allowing for curing. This has its inherent disadvantages which have easily been solved by development of the ready mix concrete manufacturers.Ready mix concrete is premixed concrete according to the desired ratios and transported in special trucks, equipped with a rotating drum which contains the concrete as it is being continuously mixed. It is then delivered to the construction site and fed into the moulds.
Benefits of Ready mix Concrete
- Cost of labor. The labor required is minimized with this type of concrete. Mixing concrete requires a series of operation stages such as transporting the ingredients, pre mixing, mixer operator and finally transporting the paste to the final mould. All these require labor and due to the heavy nature of concrete, it may cost much more.
- Space requirements saving. Preparation of concrete requires first accumulating the materials i.e. the sand, ballast and cement. These require space especially in high rise buildings, where the quantities are huge. In commercial areas, space for materials is a serious challenge and the only way to go is for ready mix concrete.
- High quality and uniformity of the concrete. Due to the mechanized nature of the pre mixed concrete manufacturers it is possible to achieve an even and high quality mix.
- Time saving is achieved. This is the one biggest and greatest advantages of ready mix concrete. Once the frameworks are ready the contractor places an order to the ready concrete manufacturers which is quickly delivered. The only time spent is curing time and finish time thus enabling faster building process.
- Reduced wastage of construction materials. This is due to the centralized mixing of concrete by the manufacturers.
- Economies of scale. The concrete manufacturers are able to serve a bigger area and more customers there by able to charge cheaper due to eliminated costs of equipment and better labor utilization. Know more benefits about ready mix concrete plant, here at – http://www.apolloinffratech.com
Due to greater demand for ready mix concrete, concrete plant manufacturers are now available who make specialized mixing equipments as well as trucks equipments for transporting the ready mixed concrete.
The use of already premixed concrete has highly benefitted the construction industry. This is primarily because of the time saving on construction as well as ensuring the efficiency of operations. Other benefits include quality and uniformity of concrete, reduced cost of labor, savings on space and even low wastage of construction materials. There are also a number of concrete mix plant manufacturers that deliver high quality machines for more time savings and greater work efficiency.