Concrete equipments are machines and industrial setups that are used in preparation of concrete products such as slabs, culverts, and pillars and even hollow core slabs. There is a wide range of items that can be made of concrete depending on use thereby making these equipments very important in industry.
Like every machine, maintenance of these equipments is very crucial for the life of the machine as well as to enable higher performance of the equipment. There are various components and devices of a concrete batching machine. These include the conveyor belts, the mixer, butterfly valves, and numerical control displays, sensors, gearing systems and bearings. All these need to be kept in perfect condition for optimum performance of the equipment. Some of the maintenance includes:
- Continuous cleaning of the machine. This applies to all types of concrete equipments including transit mixers. A daily cleaning routine helps remove the accumulated particles which later clog up the system. Dust entering the bearings reduces the life of the bearing as well as the performance of the machine.
- Routine checkup of the electrical systems is also an important element of the maintenance program. The sensors need to be checked for proper functioning by mimicking the movement of the concrete.
- Examination of the outlets is also critical due to the tendency of the concrete to solidify after exposure to the air.
- Adequate control of the batching process is important for the maintenance of the machines. This involves organizing the sequence of the production and checking productivity and speed of the machine.
- The performance of the motors is an important maintenance issue for consideration. They should be well maintained and gear box oil regularly changed to maintain the gearing system in good working condition as well as give them longer life.
- While dealing with ready mixed concrete it is crucial to ensure minimal spillages while pouring as these are the ones that cause clogging of the joints and moving parts.
- When dealing with the concrete pump systems, it is important to recognize the three main causes of blockages in the pumping system. These are wrong mixing, poor piping system, and human error.
- Undertaking the preventive maintenance: Consideration must be given to these factors. Water release from concrete is the result wrong mix or poor materials .This results in insufficient mixing and problematic pumping. Therefore it is always important to flush the pumping system after work.
- Proper cleaning and arrangement of the conducting vessels is important to prevent accumulation of the concrete at edges. To know more information about concrete batching plant, kindly visit – www.apolloinffratech.com/concrete_batching_plant_ats_45_plant.html
ConclusionRegular maintenance of concrete operating systems is critical for the performance of these machines. To ensure improved performance of the system, Basic maintenance such as keeping the system clean, regularly checking the moving parts and regular oiling and greasing the moving parts can guarantee you efficient operation. The technical operating procedures also need to be thoroughly streamlined because failure of these will lead to wrong mixing and clogging of the equipment.