The ready mix concrete plant is used to manufacture ready-mix concrete which is used in all the construction projects. The ready-mix concrete is also known as RMC is a mixture of cement, water, sand and aggregates. It is manufactured in a batching plant as per the required specifications of a construction project. RMC (ready mix concrete) commonly refers to the concrete which is freshly pre-mixed and delivered in unhardened state which can form any shape. It is prepared by mixing cement, gravel, crushed stone, sand, water etc., which depends on the type of the construction project. After the preparation of ready mix concrete, it is then delivered to the construction site through truck or transit mixer which is capable of mixing the ingredients of the concrete while travelling. Manufacturing ready mix concrete and delivering through a transit mixer enables the implementation of precise concrete in the construction project making it sturdy, strong and long lasting. Advantages of Using Ready Mix Concrete Plant Ready mix concrete plant being on-site concrete mixing plant, enables precision of the mixture and reduces worksite confusion. Before, the concrete was prepared manually, but now it is being prepared using computer controlled operations which is known as ready mix concrete plan having many advantages, some of them are given below:-
- Facilitates speedy construction through programmed delivery at site and mechanized operation with consequent economy.
- The ready mix concrete plant decreases labour, site supervising cost and project time. It also helps in proper control and economy over the raw material used which results in savings.
- As the ready mix concrete plant is totally computerized, it guarantees the delivery of consistent ready mix concrete. The concrete mixed in ready mix concrete plant is not only consistent but accurate in quality and is manufactured as per the proportion of water and other material specified.
- The ready mix concrete plant minimizes the cement wastage as it manufactures concrete in bulk quantity.
- The ready mix concrete plant is a centrally located factory on site and so can maintain dust free atmosphere which prevents pollution.
- Normally, a ready mix concrete plant can have production capacity of 30 m3 /hour but it can vary according to the capacity of the batching plant used.
- To set up a ready mix concrete plant, around 1 acre land is required.
- The raw materials of best quality which include cement, aggregates, additives and water are required to produce consistent and high quality ready mix concrete.
- The other construction equipments required with ready mix concrete plant are concrete batching plant, concrete pump and transit mixer to make your concrete project successful. For a typical ready mix concrete plant, around 20 labourers are required.