A concrete transit mixer is essentially a truck that can transport concrete. The benefit of using this truck is that the process of mixing continues to take place even when it is in transit. It is highly durable and the concrete will stay in a good state for long, allowing the truck to cover large distances. These trucks also carry water and dry material to ensure the mixing takes place during transport keeping the concrete in usable condition. This is done with the help of a spiral blade present inside the drum of the truck.
Facts and Statistics
- The Beroeinc Market Intelligence shows an increase in spending the construction industry in 2018 by approximately 4.8%; this amounts to US$ 773.1 Billion approximately.
- The ready-mix concrete market size in 2015 globally was USD 492.2 billion.
- This market is predicted to rise at a steady rate during the period between 2019 – 2024.
- The growth prediction for the year 2021 is 12.4%.
- The prediction for the concrete market is to reach 7020 Million by the year 2025.
- The concrete market value in the year 2017 was 4000 Million USD.
- The global cement mixer market will grow steadily at a CAGR of 11% by 2020. As per the predictions of market research analysts at Techavio.
- The U.S. Census Bureau data shows total construction spending increased to 6.5% in 2016 from 2015.
- There is a steady growth of 3 to 4 percent in the global construction market expected by the year 2022.
- The value of the African construction market in 2018 was 210 Billion USD. The prediction for the year 2021 is 260 – 300 Billion USD.
- There is expected to be further growth by the year 2030; by which time India and China are likely to contribute 55 Trillion USD to the construction industry.
- Concrete Mixer Truck market is predicted to grow by a CAGR of 4.5% by 2022.
As per all statistics, there is a steady rise in the use of construction equipment including transit mixers. This is predicted to increase in the near future as per global market analysis from several sources. There are many benefits of using the transit mixer which is quite evident from global market statistics.
The fact that it can both mix concrete and transport it to a construction site is highly beneficial, especially when the construction sites are located in remote regions or far from the concrete plant. The added advantage of using a transit truck is the mixer will not clot and prevent the effect of cement balling during transit. It is a machine that saves time and money by reducing the waiting time of drivers and also reducing fuel consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does a concrete transit mixer work?
A simple concrete mixer will involve a revolving drum to mix the components of a construction site and use it before it gets hard. A transit mixer also involves a drum, tanks for water and other material. It can transport concrete to far away locations and also keep up with the mixing process to ensure it does not clot.
- How much does a transit mixer hold?
A fully loaded truck can hold up to 10 cubic yards while a partially loaded truck would have less. Although it also depends on the size of a truck in use.
- How long does the concrete have to be mixed for?
It is necessary to mix the concrete for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixer makes use of water from the storage tank for the dry mix and requires not more than 5 minutes to ensure there is a uniform consistency.