Construction industry is facing unbelievable development worldwide. Be it from the developmental perspectives of corporate or global marketing for investment in residential projects, the role of construction is considered an important support for infrastructure development. Hence, convenient types of machineries have been invented to tackle large building activities. Concrete mixing machinery is one of the most useful technologies that favor many beneficial results some of them are,
- The Emergence of Ready-mix Concrete- Concrete batching is a latest technology that is applied to produce concrete and it differs from conventional concrete manufacturing in various ways. Earlier construction activity was considered the toughest one in spite of more man power assistance. Moreover, it consumed more time to form concrete mix as mixing of ingredients was done with the help of man power. However, with the invention of batch plant the process of producing mixing ingredients to form concrete has been transformed to a much easier activity. Batching equipment helps in mixing different components such as sand, water, cement, potash, etc. which are then mixed proportionately to form concrete. This device is composed of different parts which help in minimizing the mixing process and assist to generate the construction work faster. The emergence of batch plant has re-defined construction process by its quick and reliable functions.
- The Need for Supporting Bulk Construction Requirements-Equipments employed in construction industry is of different sorts. A batcher plant is considered the prominent among building-friendly components. This device is highly reliable to produce various concrete types in terms of its compatibility to mix a range of ingredients. Since, this equipment is designed with many containers in which each container is meant for specific purpose such as transporting raw materials, mixing of the necessary ingredients in correct proportion, etc. The invention of movable batching unit is a boon to the construction industry as higher level concrete requirement can be fulfilled with this apparatus.
- Profit Making Opportunities –Investing in concrete mixing plant is a great opportunity. With modern batch unit models, it is further easy to prepare ready mix or central mix concrete in terms of computer aided technology. With this computerized technology, all the processes of producing concrete can be made in accurate proportions. Moreover, it is quiet difficult or tough to meet the construction requisites for major infrastructures without the help of construction-friendly equipments like batch plant. Hence, investors who invest their funds in concrete mixing plant can earn more than the desired profit.
- Type of Batching Equipment to be Chosen- A concrete making machine is available in different designs wherein each design has its significance in accordance with the construction demand. Central mix batch equipment will stay a perfect choice to match construction requirements in developed places. Movable or portable batch unit will stay a good choice for big projects as they can be erected and moved easily from one place to another. However, mobile batch machinery might not be suitable in certain cases where space is a big matter of concern.
- Get in Touch with good Manufacturer-Batch machinery is available in many parts of the world. A good internet search will get you the list of reputed manufacturers of concrete mixing equipment. While purchasing a batch apparatus from a well-known manufacturer is an added advantage as they will assist the consumers in commissioning of the whole unit and also lend their support for a long term.
Among the available choices of investment available today, a batch equipment is a highly profit making option. Selecting the right design of concrete mixing plant in accordance with the level of construction business will be an added benefit to experience the full implication of profit.
The nature of concrete used in construction creates various handling challenges. Concrete is comprised of a mixture of sand, water, cement, and aggregate. This combination makes up a dense and heavy mixture that would be very difficult for manual handling.
The mixing process is also very important as it affects the quality of the concrete.
The mixture settles into a hard substance after about two hours in a process called setting and this process is irreversible, therefore it must be at the appropriate place before setting.
Various Concrete Handling Equipments
- The Batching plant is used primarily for mixing the various elements required to form concrete. It may consist of mixers, batchers, conveyors, aggregate bins, heaters and even cement silos depending on the scale of the operation. The main equipment however is the mixer which ensures an even and consistent mix.
- In cases where off site mixing and preparation of concrete is done, a transit mixer is used which is a truck with a mixing unit attached. The ingredients may be dry or wet depending on the distance of transport or other factors and on arrival to the site, the concrete is poured on to the target area.
- Concrete pumps are powerful pumping units used to deliver concrete through a hose to the specific point. They are fast and deliver a greater volume than a manual system. Two main categories are available which are the boom pump and the line pumps.
- Special concrete structures such as concrete sewage pipes are difficult to construct manually. The RCC pipe-making machine is used for this process.
Benefits of Using Equipments in Construction
- Reduction of labor costs. Concrete is heavy to handle and using manual labor can present huge challenges.
- Faster operation. Equipments such as mixers are able to deliver a greater volume of concrete than a manual process. Better uniformity is also achieved while using machines.
- Heavy products can easily be lifted using machines. This includes concrete pipes and slabs that cannot be handled manually. Heavy construction projects are easily completed on time using construction equipments.
- The quality of the mixture is guaranteed using the construction equipments. This is because precise calibration of machines will ensure the ingredients are mixed in accurate proportions thus giving a great product.
General Maintenance Practices for Greater Productivity
Maintenance of concrete handling equipments is essential for longer working life and efficiency of the machine. Regular cleaning after work is crucial in preventing solidifying of particles which could clog the machine.
Regular preventive maintenance is also important such as lubrication and flushing of piping’s for great performance of the machine.
Concrete handling equipments include batching plants, concrete pumps, transit mixers, and pipe making machines. These machines are important in delivering quality construction work and well as speedy completion of projects.
Using concrete equipments also greatly reduces the cost of construction due to the great reduction in labor costs. The machines must be maintained in good condition by regularly cleaning the equipments and conducting regular preventive maintenance.
Concrete equipments are machines and industrial setups that are used in preparation of concrete products such as slabs, culverts, and pillars and even hollow core slabs. There is a wide range of items that can be made of concrete depending on use thereby making these equipments very important in industry.
Like every machine, maintenance of these equipments is very crucial for the life of the machine as well as to enable higher performance of the equipment. There are various components and devices of a concrete batching machine. These include the conveyor belts, the mixer, butterfly valves, and numerical control displays, sensors, gearing systems and bearings. All these need to be kept in perfect condition for optimum performance of the equipment. Some of the maintenance includes:
- Continuous cleaning of the machine. This applies to all types of concrete equipments including transit mixers. A daily cleaning routine helps remove the accumulated particles which later clog up the system. Dust entering the bearings reduces the life of the bearing as well as the performance of the machine.
- Routine checkup of the electrical systems is also an important element of the maintenance program. The sensors need to be checked for proper functioning by mimicking the movement of the concrete.
- Examination of the outlets is also critical due to the tendency of the concrete to solidify after exposure to the air.
- Adequate control of the batching process is important for the maintenance of the machines. This involves organizing the sequence of the production and checking productivity and speed of the machine.
- The performance of the motors is an important maintenance issue for consideration. They should be well maintained and gear box oil regularly changed to maintain the gearing system in good working condition as well as give them longer life.
- While dealing with ready mixed concrete it is crucial to ensure minimal spillages while pouring as these are the ones that cause clogging of the joints and moving parts.
- When dealing with the concrete pump systems, it is important to recognize the three main causes of blockages in the pumping system. These are wrong mixing, poor piping system, and human error.
- Undertaking the preventive maintenance: Consideration must be given to these factors. Water release from concrete is the result wrong mix or poor materials .This results in insufficient mixing and problematic pumping. Therefore it is always important to flush the pumping system after work.
- Proper cleaning and arrangement of the conducting vessels is important to prevent accumulation of the concrete at edges. To know more information about concrete batching plant, kindly visit – www.apolloinffratech.com/concrete_batching_plant_ats_45_plant.html
Regular maintenance of concrete operating systems is critical for the performance of these machines. To ensure improved performance of the system, Basic maintenance such as keeping the system clean, regularly checking the moving parts and regular oiling and greasing the moving parts can guarantee you efficient operation. The technical operating procedures also need to be thoroughly streamlined because failure of these will lead to wrong mixing and clogging of the equipment.